FOUNDERS DAY IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION! Save the date: Saturday, Aug. 24, 2019
A day packed with fun, food -- and fireworks!
This is a report from 2018's Founders Day.
Check back for the 2019 lineup as soon as it's set!!:
Discover Lansdale is happy to again be hosting one of the town's biggest annual events -- Founders Day 2018, on August 25, with this year's theme "Saluting Our Hometown Heroes."
If you wish to join us as a vendor at the event, you can find the Vendor's Form right here or at the end of this article! Just fill it in and return to us.
Expect a ton of excitement, entertainment and surprises -- and capping it all off, once again, watch for our Fireworks Spectacular!
Here's the lineup for the day:
- LANSDALE FARMERS’ MARKET, 9 am - 1 pm, Penndale Middle School
- LANSDALE CEMETERY TOUR, 9:15 AM, Whites Rd. and Green St.
- FESTIVAL OF THE ARTS, 10 am - 4 pm, Memorial Park
- PENNSUBURBAN CHAMBER HEALTH & WELLNESS FAIR, 10 am - 2 pm, Railroad Plaza
- OPENING CEREMONY and LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD, 10:30 am, Borough Hall
- SOLAR ENERGY OPEN HOUSE, 10:30 am - 3:30 pm, Borough Hall
- EXCURSION TRAINS by the New Hope/Ivyland Railroad, 11 am, 12:30 pm, 2 pm and 3:30 pm, from Lansdale SEPTA train station; advance reservations at www.newhoperailroad.com/founders_day/
- VINTAGE CAR PARADE, 11 am, W. Main, Wood, Vine and Broad Streets
- JENKINS HOMESTEAD OPEN HOUSE, 11 am - 3 pm, Jenkins Avenue
- FAIRMOUNT FIRE COMPANY, 11 am - 4 pm, Model Trains
- BOROUGH DEPARTMENT WATER BATTLE,
- 1 - 2 pm, Fairmount Fire/Vine Street
- BEER GARDEN, 1 - 7 pm, Green Street
- FOOD FESTIVAL, 1 - 7 pm, Green Street/Century Plaza
- FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT, 1 -7 pm, Green Street/Century Plaza
- LIVE MUSIC, 1 - 3:30 pm & 4:30 - 7 pm, Century Plaza
- POLICE STATION TOURS, 1:30 - 5 pm, Police Station
- REMEMBERING OUR HOMETOWN HEROES PROGRAM, 3 pm, Memorial Park monuments area
- FIREWORKS, 9 pm, Penndale Middle School